Tech ii and wiring gurus need your help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to update and try to dig for further info, I verified wiring thanks to a member getting me diagrams. I can get rear windows to function via direct power off battery, all wiring tested. Comm lines continuity to bcm is proper from main switch. Everything appears mechanically as it should be. So my diagnosis at this point is faulty switch at driver's door, switch unprogrammed, or far chance bcm is fubar...but I'd suspect we'd have other issues as well not just the driverside locks and window switch inop. Anyone else care to off insight to this? And what's the best way to program the driver's window switch and should I buy a new switch before programming it as it's possible suspect? Rather not spend $100 on a switch if not needed but also don't want to program the switch twice. Thanks for the info and help thus far
if it wont communicate via the tech2 then it will need to go to the dealer to be programmed or use the tech2 and a older laptop with xp installed or I believe it may work on windows 7 pro 32bit, and buy the 2yr subscription for your vin and you can program it yourself. Either way I think it's going to be hit or miss if the switch is good or not.

so I take it you cannot control the mirrors, door locks, windows with the tech2? since all of that goes thru the drivers door switch serial chip

OP
OP
C

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
So I have not tried using the tech ii to command those items specifically but I will try that next, thank you. I do know the key fob will unlock both passenger doors just fine

OP
OP
C

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
I tested some more today finally(racetrucks taking most of my time when I'm not at work) I can control passenger lock, window, etc via tech ii. Won't even comm with driver's switch like it's not even there. Data line from switch to bcm is perfect, did a continuity test on it, power, ground circuits, etc all check. Switch to window motor checks, etc. Which leads me to believe driver door switch is infact the culprit. Anyone disagree or have any further advice I'll gladly test. If not then once I have some spare funds we'll get one ordered and go bug the dealer. I hate to pay them anything but it'll be the same cost as paying for the program and doing it myself lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz