Take off Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but just wondering what are you guys doing with the oem parts you pull off your rides?
I have a sway bars, spindles, manifolds, catalyst conveters, y-pipe, springs, etc...etc..etc....sitting in my garage. Wondering if I should trash or what? Truth is they will probably never go back on.
Looking to clean up the mess..

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your local scrap guy and give it to him. I usually put it out on the curb, and it's gone within an hour.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of it I keep, because when I get rid of the vehicle, I'll return most of it to stock. If you buy parts used (like upgraded sway bars, suspension, etc) then you can usually get just about what you paid for it.

If for some reason the vehicle sells as is with all the upgrades on it, then I'll offer them for sale on here and on Craigslist, and if they don't sell they get thrown away.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually keep them for awhile, I'm about to take all my stuff to the scrap yard. I have stock suspension from 08 Sierra 08 Silverado 2 NBS tahoes an 05 avalanche 84 short wide. Literally to much to list it's all about to head to the scrap yard lol

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Nathan. I keep the stuff incase I want to sell my truck later, it's not like you well be able to get you $$ back during the sale.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thxs. for the opinions.
I usually keep things for just in case but this is the longest I have owned a vehicle. I hit 10yrs with My Tahoe this month. I just don't see storing the items anymore. I think I might go ahead and trash. I've been wanting to clean up the garage it's becoming a bit cluttered.

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
You could try to sell online or the classifieds here. Someone is bound to be looking for used oem parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660