Tail lights/Parking lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed last night, that when my headlights were on, the taillights, plate lights, and marker lights weren't. I checked fuse #9 and it was fine, the blinkers and brake lights work fine, so its not the bulbs. Any suggestions on what else to look for? Its a '97 2-door LS. (I'm hoping I am checking the wrong fuse).

dsump

Reaction score
Double check the fuses and then check to see if one of the bulbs has got a corroded socket. Then I would checked the wires at the rear taillights and marker lights, you may have a broken wire or ground problem.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
As you describe it it would be your headlight switch at fault. If your headlights did not function on high or low and your glove box lighting was out too then that would the lighting 50A **** fuse under the hood.

OP
OP
TahoeTaz

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call! I went back outside and turned the lights on, the headlights worked and the parking/tail lights didn't. The glove compartment light worked, so I jiggled the headlight switch, and the other lights came on. I guess another trip to the dealer may be in order... Thanks

1slohoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen on mine.Ended up being the switch

OP
OP
TahoeTaz

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wait for Amazon. Dealer quoted me almost $140. I've been without it this long, a couple days def. won't hurt. Thanks again for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667