'07 Yukon No running/parking lights? Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an -07 Yukon XL. My running / parking light quit working. This means at night I have no taillights on. The front amber lights do not light up. Also the license plate light too does not I believe. Brake lights work when pedal is pressed.

I checked fuses and relay. Now when I jumper the relay for the running lights (pin 30 and 87) the running lights work. So I know all my wiring past the relay is good.
What would be next? See if the BCM is outputting power to the lights? I was looking for a BCM pin diagram and haven't found one yet.. I would appreciate any help, thanks!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an -07 Yukon XL. My running / parking light quit working. This means at night I have no taillights on. The front amber lights do not light up. Also the license plate light too does not I believe. Brake lights work when pedal is pressed.

I checked fuses and relay. Now when I jumper the relay for the running lights (pin 30 and 87) the running lights work. So I know all my wiring past the relay is good.
What would be next? See if the BCM is outputting power to the lights? I was looking for a BCM pin diagram and haven't found one yet.. I would appreciate any help, thanks!
Bulbs not blown?
My rear tag lights always falls out it’s aggravating.
Won’t the taillights come on if you cut the headlights on instead of leaving it in auto?
Sometimes these bulb sockets/plugs get corrosion in them and won’t make good connection my buddy at the shop has had to change quiet a few on a couple 07-13 models

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bulbs not blown?
My rear tag lights always falls out it’s aggravating.
Won’t the taillights come on if you cut the headlights on instead of leaving it in auto?
Sometimes these bulb sockets/plugs get corrosion in them and won’t make good connection my buddy at the shop has had to change quiet a few on a couple 07-13 models
Bulbs are good, they all light up (front and back) if I jump the relay for them... They do not come on in auto mode on the switch, or when I turn the dial to turn them on manually. Somehow the relay is not get turned on. I guess the BCM is responsible for that?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can we assume you replaced the relay as well?

An alldatadiy subscription is gold for situations like this. They have all of the wiring diagrams and troubleshooting steps laid out.

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can we assume you replaced the relay as well?

An alldatadiy subscription is gold for situations like this. They have all of the wiring diagrams and troubleshooting steps laid out.
Yes swapped the relay with the starter relay next to it..

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been searching the web for a BCM pin diagram with no luck yet. Sounds like the BCM supply a ground to the parking lamp relay. I just have to figure out which wire on the BCM.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been searching the web for a BCM pin diagram with no luck yet. Sounds like the BCM supply a ground to the parking lamp relay. I just have to figure out which wire on the BCM.
Yes, the BCM supplies the ground. Don’t have a color code chart for you but this may help. Note that it’s for a 2012 Denali though.

IMG_6498.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That does help, Thank you. It looks like a light blue wire going into the BCM, and Dark Blue coming out. Ill have to see if I can locate those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019