'07 Yukon No running/parking lights? Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanadon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That does help, Thank you. It looks like a light blue wire going into the BCM, and Dark Blue coming out. Ill have to see if I can locate those.
I'm have the exact same problem. I've checked everything you have. Did you find a solution by chance

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill let you know what I find. I am going to put a scan tool on it in the next few days. I am thinking the BCM is the problem, but I'm not totally sure yet.

Juanadon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill let you know what I find. I am going to put a scan tool on it in the next few days. I am thinking the BCM is the problem, but I'm not totally sure yet.
I put the relay in part way. An put a wire from the body for ground to 86 and the relay would engage. All lights would work. So I'm going to test from 86 to x5 pin 24 to make sure the wire is good. If it is I know the bcm is bad. Also I had power from the switch to the bcm. Light blue. So worst comes to worst ill pull pin 24 and wire a toggle switch from it to ground near the column. So I can flip it on an off till my new one comes in.

OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did some more testing. My BCM appears to be good. When I turn on the parking lights, I am getting a ground signal on dark blue wire pin 24 on the BCM. However this signal is not making it to pin 86 on the parking light relay in the fusebox. When I ground that relay pin 86 my parking lights turn on as well. I tested for continuity on the d-blue wire on BCM to pin 86 on the relay. I got no continuity leading me to believe the wire is bad.

I may run a new wire to the relay. I know the wire on the BCM, but I can't yet locate the wire going to the relay under the hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you pulled the top section of the fusebox off, and inspected the connections underneath for clean contact?
I did. I was suspicious of bad contacts under the fuse box because I’m in salt country.. but everything was nice and clean. When I had it off, I was able to find the dark blue wire under the fuse box that switches ground to the parking lamp relay. I think I’m going to run a new wire through the firewall from the BCM to fuse box. Its strange that wire would be damaged because it seem well protected with split loom over it. Its difficult to trace the entire length, because that wire just goes into a large bundle of wires.

Update - ran the new wire and that fixed it. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did. I was suspicious of bad contacts under the fuse box because I’m in salt country.. but everything was nice and clean. When I had it off, I was able to find the dark blue wire under the fuse box that switches ground to the parking lamp relay. I think I’m going to run a new wire through the firewall from the BCM to fuse box. Its strange that wire would be damaged because it seem well protected with split loom over it. Its difficult to trace the entire length, because that wire just goes into a large bundle of wires.

Update - ran the new wire and that fixed it. Thanks for everyone’s help!
Woohoo!!! Nice job on the sleuthing and thanks for following up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21