Tahoe won't turn over, Gauges wacky and no locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you take the key out and get out of the vehicle the radio stays on untill the dome light goes off

Before all this happened the radio would turn off if the keys are out of the ignition and the door opens. The Ignition switch tested fine so I ordered a BCM off ebay (same part number as my current one) and I am going to try this and see if it will work

30 Minute Learn Procedure:

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after aproximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSLOCK sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important:
The vehicle learns the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

7. With a scan tool (like the ones you buy at autozone) clear any DTC's (trouble codes) if needed. DTC's will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I pulled battery cables and let all memories die and pulled all relays. Only thing I found was corrosion on some of the contacts. Cleaned them all up and never had a problem since. It has to be a bad connection somewhere.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So After all this....It was the battery. It tested fine on my load tester and tested fine on NAPA's load tester. Went ahead and swapped it and BAM! everything works fine. Any ideas why the battery would test fine on 2 different testers and then not work in the Tahoe? Thought it might be the connections and in the mist of swapping the battery they got corrected but I don't know. Glad the problem is fixed. Thanks as always for all y'alls help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts