Gauges and DIC inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enzo80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! Wondering if any GMT800 experts might know what's going on with my 02 Escalade, 57k on the odo. All of a sudden all gauges don't work and DIC (Driver Information Center, same as Denali) isn't coming on. The gauges light up at night though. The Volt and Fuel gauge needles vibrate a little and the DIC buttons flicker, they do this 24/7 even locked with no key in the ignition. Fuse looks fine and stereo comes on which is same fuse as gauge cluster. Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions!! -Tom

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the cluster may be faulty (?)

Take it to some mechanic or shop that can check the guages with a scanner. You can turn on the guages individually with a scanner that has special functions.

So none of the guages work at all?

OP
OP
E

Enzo80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct, all of a sudden none of the gauges, PRNDL, round digital info screen, or warning lights, with exception of the Check Engine light, are working at all. I'd be suspicious of cluster too but then why did the DIC mounted down on the center console go out at the exact same time?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So are you saying that the gauge backlighting works, but the gauges themselves don't?

Besides the RADIO fuse in the underhood fusebox, there are two for the instrument panel in the dash fusebox. Those are likely good since they also have some ignition function, but it wouldn't hurt to probe them for voltage on both sides, and verify pin fitment.

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
E

Enzo80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Fless. Thanks for the help. Just went out and checked those two fuses. They both look fine and were in there nice and tight. Can't find my voltage meter but maybe I'll go snag one tomorrow. Any idea if a bad gauge cluster could lead to the DIC going out? Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660