Tahoe swaying after leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna try this instead, how hard was it to drill threw the control arm?

do you think you can weld that block on??

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Well, I found an easy solution. Had this idea a while back, just didn't have time to try until tonight. This is 1" x 2" x 3/16" tubing, cut down to 2.375" long. Drilled and bolted to the LCA. Smoothed the ride drastically, got rid of sway and nose dive, and makes the truck feel stable again.

image_zps1f923a28.jpg

do you think you can weld those blocks on??

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to heat the LCA that much, but I guess it's possible. Brazing would be the best procedure since there are two different types of metal. I've gone about 2000mi on these in the last few weeks, and they've yet to move.

cbepro

Reaction score
i installed that rectangle tubing after reading this post and good god does it handle better! Towed a loaded trailer with the interior of the Escalade loaded up 850 miles, still had bald tires but wow did the vehicle handle 1million times better!!! no nose dive when braking and reduced the extreme front end bouncing over bumps! felt like a normal slightly lifted truck!

What a difference this little piece of metal makes! This should be a sticky for people that crank their keys!

My only prob is that a 1" thick piece of metal is too thick now, requiring me to crank my keys more than i want. I also downsized my tires from 315 to 295. Just popped in my head to get shorter jounce springs:party52:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this mod get a sticky or is there a good write up of parts needed, I'm in the same swaying boat haha.

Sorry for the old post revive. This is what I found on a search.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this mod get a sticky or is there a good write up of parts needed, I'm in the same swaying boat haha.

Sorry for the old post revive. This is what I found on a search.

This mod makes sense for a crank. You really want the jounce stops to be barely in contact with the LCA @ ride height. New stops would help too. Maybe look @ the z71 stops.

I've gone to aftermarket jounce stops that are shorter that help the ride with a decrank.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I have 1.5" or 2" (I forget at the moment) front key crank and a 1" rear spacer, 5100s, 275 60 20s . I'll definitely look at the z71 stops first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401