Tahoe swaying after leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbepro

Reaction score
Highlighted is where the upper control arm can hit the droop stop. Passenger side.
224146_Droop_Stop.jpg

This is on a NNBS but i would cut the droop stop the same way.
Before.
bumstop1a.jpg

After.
bumstop1.jpg

I did not cut my droop stops off yet. I am waiting till i replace the torsion bar cross member bushings, then i will see if things are still bouncy, then i may cut the droop stops while saving for a real lift.

I am not advocating anyone cut their droop stops without being aware of issues. Only problem if you do cut is to account for extra down travel. Possible have to place a jack under each lower control arm while jacking vehicle up so arms are not dangling. I dunno. Other than that don't go off any big jumps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Highlighted is where the upper control arm can hit the droop stop. Passenger side.
224146_Droop_Stop.jpg

This is on a NNBS but i would cut the droop stop the same way.
Before.
bumstop1a.jpg

After.
bumstop1.jpg

I did not cut my droop stops off yet. I am waiting till i replace the torsion bar cross member bushings, then i will see if things are still bouncy, then i may cut the droop stops while saving for a real lift.

I am not advocating anyone cut their droop stops without being aware of issues. Only problem if you do cut is to account for extra down travel. Possible have to place a jack under each lower control arm while jacking vehicle up so arms are not dangling. I dunno. Other than that don't go off any big jumps.

Yeah rite there is what I was talking about lastnight I looked at mine and is only about 1/4inch till the a-arm hits it and let me know when you replace the bushings in the torsion bar crossmemeber and tell me if I helped because I may do the same, lastnight when I looked at mine they were all dry-rotted and cracked

cbepro

Reaction score
should just replace em anyway.

I got an 04 Escalade and i have the welded bracket, molded in bushings. Took me a while on the intronet to find the replacement.

p/n: 20829013.

*update* Just finished replacing the bushings and nothing really changed, still bad ride. Then i noticed that damn droop stop rubbing into the Cognito's, so im absolutely gonna introduce them to the angle grinder.

Last edited:

cbepro

Reaction score
i cut the droop stops and the ride only improved a little bit. Before the truck would dip hard/bounce/sway going over bumps or just driving down the road. Cutting the droops stops solved that issue to a point.....

The new focus i feel is the lower bump stop, i'm researching solutions to get the lower bump stop to touch the lower control arm at all times. I'm having a hard time finding the correct length of bump stop so i have an idea of bolting the easily found 1" poly bump stop directly to the lower control arm. Having both the stock lower bump stop and a 1" bump stop constantly in contact with each other should be better than how it rides now. Just a thought...

OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
i cut the droop stops and the ride only improved a little bit. Before the truck would dip hard/bounce/sway going over bumps or just driving down the road. Cutting the droops stops solved that issue to a point.....

The new focus i feel is the lower bump stop, i'm researching solutions to get the lower bump stop to touch the lower control arm at all times. I'm having a hard time finding the correct length of bump stop so i have an idea of bolting the easily found 1" poly bump stop directly to the lower control arm. Having both the stock lower bump stop and a 1" bump stop constantly in contact with each other should be better than how it rides now. Just a thought...

I cut my droop stops to and it didnt really help any i think its just my torsion bars are weak, let me know how your idea works woth the bumpstops

bigdaddymatty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was having the same issue. I hade 3/4 inch of gap between mu uca and the droop stop. I fab up a set of jounce stop extentions and the ride seems to have improved on a short drive so far . I hope that solves the problem. The sway sucks. Makes driving not relaxing .

cbepro

Reaction score

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how they work out. Our stops are at a different angle than the h3, and ours bolt in, but maybe the ones you ordered will snap into the cup.

OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
i stumbled across these extended jounce stops for the Hummer H3. Looks like it'll fit?

http://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/trail-duty-bump-stops-26559/

http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/forums/showthread.php/62-Bump-Stops-or-Progressive-Dampeners-H3-H3T-Front-Suspension

http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10219

I ordered the 1" ones this past Monday, have not received them yet. I also need new torsion bars cuz the drivers sags bad.

Yea let me know to if those will go into place of the stock ones and if it improves the ride, also how much is your tahoe lifted?

cbepro

Reaction score
Well got the extended bumpstops installed after waiting 2 weeks for delivery without Trail Duty saying anything to me about it. Went for a 10 minute test drive and the results were not that impressive. It soaks up the road 10x better than before, but still does not feel solid, I realize this could be due to other unknown to me factors as well.

I don't think they sent me the 1" extended ones because these were only a lil bit taller than stock when placed side by side, but definitely not 1" taller. I measured before and it was 3 inches from the cup lip to the lower control arm in my setup, thats why i ordered the 1" extended bumpstop.

The Bumstops are not touching the lower control arms in my setup due to me being cranked too much i guess. I am gonna fender trim more and de-crank to get the bumpstops resting on the lower control arm as much as i can before i can give a recommendation. And absolutely buy new uprated torsion bars.

Extended_Bump_Stop1.jpg

Passenger side
Extended_Bump_Stop2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401