Tahoe Secondary air injection problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Tahoe700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2001 Tahoe LT autoride
I have and issue with code p0410 secondary air injection… I have changed the pump,relay,fuse, both check valves upper and lower 02 sensors, checked and replace a vacuum line and the code and service engine soon light won’t go off… please help, thanks in advance

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air pump relay control circuit which energizes the Air pump. The PCM also grounds the Air combination valve vacuum control solenoid circuit, which energizes the Air vacuum control solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air combination valve diaphragms which opens the shut off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air system operations id desired.

Check for power and grounds. Your system is missing one or the other or both. Do you have a scanner that iwll clear codes?

OP
OP

2001Tahoe700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air pump relay control circuit which energizes the Air pump. The PCM also grounds the Air combination valve vacuum control solenoid circuit, which energizes the Air vacuum control solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air combination valve diaphragms which opens the shut off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air system operations id desired.

Check for power and grounds. Your system is missing one or the other or both. Do you have a scanner that iwll clear codes?
Thank you for the reply… yes I do have a scanner that can clear the code.
“Check for power and grounds” how? Or what do you mean by that?… sorry I’m not good with electrical. I’m more of a bolt on guy

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the PCM supplies power (12 volts,) to the system componets and if the component is grounded, (Connected to frame or battery negative,) the component functions. The component will cease to function if either the power or ground is interupted. The interuption (power or ground,) can be used to provide function on demand. Damage to the connection, cables, coorosion will interfere with the function as well. A test light can be used to verify that power or ground is available. A visual inspection and moving the conductor a bit can provide clues. Removing and cleaning connections and reassembly of connections may correct the problem. A lack of power or ground stops the function of components. So, checking for power and grounds should be performed before replacing components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe