Tahoe Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad your okay for the most part!!

Your Tahoe did it's job! Glad you were not in a smaller vehicle. Years ago saw a similar collision with a Tahoe and a Corolla. The fire department had to put the Corolla on a flat bed and take it back to the fire station to get all 4 bodies out.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Your Tahoe did it's job! Glad you were not in a smaller vehicle. Years ago saw a similar collision with a Tahoe and a Corolla. The fire department had to put the Corolla on a flat bed and take it back to the fire station to get all 4 bodies out.
Wow :(

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

My dad has shared many stories from his 54 years of being a fireman. A couple times they ended up having to basically cut the vehicle in half behind the front seat so they could pull the front seat backs out to get bodies out from under the dash.

OP
OP
White2010PPV

White2010PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and kind words guys. I am healing up well. Mainly just the soreness hanging around now. Sorry for the delay in responding back I havent been receiving notifications about replies for some reason.

For the people asking I do not know the status of the other driver. She had spina bifida before the accident and when I crawled out the passenger side of the Tahoe to see if she was ok she said everything hurt so she was taken away by ambulance.

I also do not know if she received any tickets. I would think she would at least get one for failure to yield the right of way, but thats up to the cop to decide.

I am looking to buy a new Tahoe just have to wait on her insurance to do their part. When I spoke to them they said I could expect to hear something by the end of the week. So once I have numbers I will know how fancy I can go.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and kind words guys. I am healing up well. Mainly just the soreness hanging around now. Sorry for the delay in responding back I havent been receiving notifications about replies for some reason.

For the people asking I do not know the status of the other driver. She had spina bifida before the accident and when I crawled out the passenger side of the Tahoe to see if she was ok she said everything hurt so she was taken away by ambulance.

I also do not know if she received any tickets. I would think she would at least get one for failure to yield the right of way, but thats up to the cop to decide.

I am looking to buy a new Tahoe just have to wait on her insurance to do their part. When I spoke to them they said I could expect to hear something by the end of the week. So once I have numbers I will know how fancy I can go.
Have a lawyer on standby--just a hunch tho. I'm sure they'll low ball you big time.
I'm glad you're doing ok. Could've been so much worse.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you are not badly hurt ............. the truck sure did it's job well...... when I see stuff like this I am SO glad I have my Tahoe, although I sure don't want it wrecked, but it is comforting to know, in situations like this, I (we ) have a better chance of survival than in some other units..... and yes I agree with the guys, get another one as soon as you can... again glad you are ok...

jasonb100272

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go for twins next time!

That's a shame, but good news on walking away.

Glad to hear your ok. Remember when dealing with there/your insurance get 2-3 book values and look up what dealerships are asking since there is a shortage of vehicles. But most importantly your Entitled to your tax that you would pay. Example vehicle sales tax is 5% so a 20000 vehicle is worth a extra grand. Good luck. Most licensed plates can get transferred or refunded from your country treasure.

OP
OP
White2010PPV

White2010PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad to hear your ok. Remember when dealing with there/your insurance get 2-3 book values and look up what dealerships are asking since there is a shortage of vehicles. But most importantly your Entitled to your tax that you would pay. Example vehicle sales tax is 5% so a 20000 vehicle is worth a extra grand. Good luck. Most licensed plates can get transferred or refunded from your country treasure.

Jason where can I get book values? I know about KBB but I dont know where else to look them up.

Jeff O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score