Tahoe and the Popo...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspenseful vid. That ol' Z wasn't stopping! 4:11 for the "good stuff" for those with A.D.D.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally random thought.... that Tahoe got pitted and caused it to roll makes me wonder... If this were a gmt900 or newer, Would stabilitrac prevent it from rolling over? As I understand it, as the vehicle gets unstable, the computer energizes the shock(s), stiffing it to maintain control. It also will apply brakes and reduce engine power to get the vehicle back in control.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
License plate is in SC, id recognize it anywhere, however couldn't identify the popo and unfamiliar with those streets.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally random thought.... that Tahoe got pitted and caused it to roll makes me wonder... If this were a gmt900 or newer, Would stabilitrac prevent it from rolling over? As I understand it, as the vehicle gets unstable, the computer energizes the shock(s), stiffing it to maintain control. It also will apply brakes and reduce engine power to get the vehicle back in control.

Stabilitrak would do as programmed to PREVENT loss of control but it can't guarantee it. Having said that, I think it's quite effective. I've tried to throw mine around plenty of times and am always defeated by it. It even turns itself on after I turn it off. I'd have to say that if that were a Stabilitrak-equipped Tahoe, the police would've had to stay on it and push it around to successfully PIT it. On the other hand, the few seconds that the Stabilitrak cuts the engine power would help the police surround it more easily and bring it to a stop without having to PIT it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stabilitrak would've performed within it's programmed and designed abilities to PREVENT a rollover, but it wouldn't be guaranteed. It's a very effective system, though. I've tried to throw mine around plenty of times and am always defeated by it and it turns itself on even after I turn it off. Had that been a Stibilitrak-equipped Tahoe, the police would've had to keep more contact and actually push it around rather than just nudge it to start a wagging reaction. On the other hand, Stabilitrak cutting engine power for a few seconds would make this easier for them to perform a successful PIT that would be more likely to end in a spun-out vehicle rather than a rolled and mangled and possibly fatal mess on the highway.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn shame. Looked like a Z71 with some type of cowl hood. Wonder why he was running and if he made it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094