Sway in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X3N0N

Reaction score
I got a sway in the rear of the tahoe when traveling speeds of about 45+ MPH. Feels like the rear is going to swing right out from under me. For a better explanation, it feels like when towing a trailer and the trailer starts swinging back and forth and starts to get away from you. The 2dr tahoe has 3" body lift with rancho shocks. Recently replaced the sway bar links and the front end is good. Tires are also in good shape. Thoughts?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
How about for broken springs or other components? Also are tires same model and pressure same from left to right, front to back not just visual condition. Other possibilities are your axle is off track which an alignment check would find, a twisted sway bar or a defective shock assembly.

OP
OP
X

X3N0N

Reaction score
All tires are 305/70/16 Goodyear wrangler silent armors with all pressure set to around 35. This condition kinda of popped out of no where. One day it was good and the next day i had a huge sway in the rear. Have not been off road recently either. Guess i can go get my alignment checked but don't see how my axle could be off track.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess i can go get my alignment checked but don't see how my axle could be off track.

You would be very surprised to see some of the random shit that these things can pull with absolutely no warning.... I'd get your alignment checked.

Also, is there any history of collisions/accidents on the vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon