Sway bar options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
livingez_123

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mentioned it it my other thread about lowering my 08 Denali. I knew the bars wouldn't fix the lean, just wanted more bar in the back so why not change them both!

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rolling with the Hellwigs swaybars & a 2/3 drop. As stated before you can feel the difference just by sitting in it. The driving experience vastly improved.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get rid of the ½" lean to the drivers side.....I'm about to give up.

That's a 30-minute/$20 fix. Buy a lift spacer set and just use one on the driver side. There are two styles- Under strut and over strut. Sell or give the other spacer to someone else that is a half inch low.

*EDIT* Just saw your other thread. I remember your issues now. Oof.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Hellwigs are damn heavy. For the front sway bar, I had to bring a second jack under the truck, so that I could lift it into place, so that I could set the bolts into place.

But, what a difference in the truck's handling..........

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Well, I went with Nolathane bars. The front fit great but I shortened up the end links ¾" for a better fit. The rear bar took a little modification of the DJM end links and its a snug fit. Still trying to get rid of the ½" lean to the drivers side.....I'm about to give up.
Ah YOU'RE the one who bought the last set on Amazon! I knew it had to be someone Chris referred!

OP
OP
livingez_123

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving around with the new bars it is very much a different vehicle. It's body roll is significantly less and going around the corners is a lot more fun. I think it might be just a bit on the firm side. I think most of that is the new springs all the way around which will hopefully soften up a bit as I get more miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts