SUV FNG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachm89

Reaction score
B098CB96-6544-42AA-9148-B5E5607D2939.jpeg Just picked up a new to me 03 Yukon with 147k miles on the clock as a daily after my 06 CCSB Duramax got stolen a few weeks ago. Always been a GM truck guy both gas and diesel but this is my first SUV and I’ve got a lot to learn about the platform. It’s completely stock as far as I’m aware, one owner before me and fairly unmolested. I’d like to do some simple upgrades, definitely in the brake and suspension department. But also a bit of performance in the near future. CAI, exhaust (maybe headers but probably just a cat back for now), definitely a tune (I have HPTuners but will need someone to actually tune it). And whatever else I can do along the way to make it a more fun driver without killing reliability. Any and all recommendations are welcome!
Thanks

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 267895 Just picked up a new to me 03 Yukon with 147k miles on the clock as a daily after my 06 CCSB Duramax got stolen a few weeks ago. Always been a GM truck guy both gas and diesel but this is my first SUV and I’ve got a lot to learn about the platform. It’s completely stock as far as I’m aware, one owner before me and fairly unmolested. I’d like to do some simple upgrades, definitely in the brake and suspension department. But also a bit of performance in the near future. CAI, exhaust (maybe headers but probably just a cat back for now), definitely a tune (I have HPTuners but will need someone to actually tune it). And whatever else I can do along the way to make it a more fun driver without killing reliability. Any and all recommendations are welcome!
Thanks
Welcome from NJ. You should check out the "Under Construction" threads. Lots of fun builds in there. Your Yukon looks in good shape, and has super low miles for an 03. My 03 has 295k on it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Zach! Nice Yukon!

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Looks like a great truck! That’s crazy about the Duramax! Hopefully the police can track it down. Definitely 1st mod...secret kill switch...

You leaning towards either lifting or lowering it?
10000% going to be doing some sort of hidden anti theft. I have a good friend who is a car electronics and audio expert already scheduled to get a new head unit installed for BT and Apple car play so I planned on talking to him about some sort of kill switch as well!

For suspension definitely lowering it. Nothing crazy but it needs shocks, probably springs and the bump stops front and rear are completely gone! Just like to level it out a bit but I left my lifted truck days back in HS haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. My build pages are linked at the bottom by my signature, my 02 Denali has had quite a bit done to it if you need ideas and have time to read for awhile lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino