SUV FNG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Zachm89, post: 1529856, member: 82280"
Just like to level it out a bit but I left my lifted truck days back in HS haha[/QUOTE]

I guess I never really mentally left high school as I’m still driving a lifted truck a couple decades later.:chewie:

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Zachm89, post: 1529856, member: 82280"
Just like to level it out a bit but I left my lifted truck days back in HS haha

I guess I never really mentally left high school as I’m still driving a lifted truck a couple decades later.:chewie:[/QUOTE]

I tossed around the idea of lifting my duramax but eventually decided on lowering that as well. Just rear shackles and turned the bars down a bit to level it with some later body style 20s. I also have had two Silverado SS trucks that were lowered. Maybe I’ll get a wild hair up my ass one of these days and get something lifted for a project truck or something because the want for something lifted is definitely still there somewhat haha.

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. My build pages are linked at the bottom by my signature, my 02 Denali has had quite a bit done to it if you need ideas and have time to read for awhile lol.
I’ll be sure to check it out! Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics, please.

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Well I just pulled the trigger on several hundred dollars worth of maintenance parts. Some of which I probably could have held off on for a while. But it will give me peace of mind to know what won’t need replacing any time soon. Biggest and most important purchase was new pads and rotors for all 4 corners. The brakes on this thing are obnoxiously noisy. Next big purchase will be new shocks and ditching the factory auto ride or whatever the hell this thing has in the back end. Holy crap is it bouncy!!

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
I’m clueless about the rear suspension on this rig. I’ve seen people talk about air shocks but mine don’t have the rubber bladder that I’ve seen in some pictures and I can’t say that I’ve ever heard a compressor kicking on or off to air anything up. The rear shocks definitely look a lot beefier than the fronts that look normal to me coming from the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton truck world. I’ll get some pictures tomorrow of what’s back there and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you look at my thread in the "Under Construction" thread you will see I also replaced several parts just because I wanted to get to a base point and not because they were bad at this time. Good call, IMO.

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of all the RPO codes if anyone can point me to which one(s) are suspension related so I’ll be able to figure out what I’ve got and what I need to throw away to get set up with standard shocks/springs. 5CF479AE-073F-479A-8445-F3ECAA480FCF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345