Suspension question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sixpixels

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So i just had my Bell tech 2/3 suspension installed on my 09 Tahoeand it looks really good.
Only thing is I know that there would be some rubbing with 24's (305-35-24) on but im getting CRAZY rubbing from both the front and rear when turning, hitting bumps etc. Also i noticed when i went over a parking lot speedbump the rear felt like it hit hard when I went over it almost liek the shock bottomed out.
Is this normal?
Heres the specs of what i installed:

BELLTECH 735BLT 2 Inch / 3 - 4 Inch Lowering Kit -
BELLTECH 2509BLT Spindles - 2 Inch Drop Pair
BELLTECH 23323BLT PRO Coil Spring Set - Rear Pair
BELLTECH 2410FF 2 - Street Performance Series
4BELLS 4 free Belltech Street Performance Shocks with Belltech Stage 1 Lowering Kit

THX

09 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put the same kit on my 09, with 285/50/20's on the front--which are about an inch shorter than yours--and I still have light rubbing on the inner fender well only on left turns. I'm running 305/50/20's on the back--which are 1/4 inch shorter, but 1/2 inch wider--and have no rubbing in the back. Did you use the shock relocators? You can also try to cut the snubbers--it will give you a little more travel.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same kit on my Yukon. I'm running 26's (2953026 in the front 3053026 in the rear)! There was a lot of rubbing at first (fender linnings), once it rubbed away, there's no issues. Another thing you might want to check is to make sure that the people that installed the kit used all the parts (the plastic spring lifters/spacers). If they didn't it becomes a 3/4 or lower after everything settles. This will bottom out in the rear (especially if you have a system in the rear) and rub a little more in the front than usual. Either way, it looks sweet!

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same Kit, with the same wheel/tire combination, haven't install it yet, waiting for warmer weather, did you install all parts included in the kit? if you didn't use the spacers then the rear is closer to a 4" drop right?
Hopefully you figure out your problem and get it resolved.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience with that kit and drop. What offset wheels you have? If you are running 30 offset, you will get rubbing in the back when you go over driveways, speed bumps at an angle. I have not found a solution for the front yet. The only option in the front is a window washer relocation kit for the drivers side and heat and bend the plastic in for clearance.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you get shock extenders? i wish you would have talked to me i beat stylins price all the time plus have 24/7 customer support.

Did you get rear shock extenders?

Did you put in the new rear bumpstops? or cut yours down.

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope it works out...he probably got the free shock with drop deal...its less than 5 with shocks...let us know whats up

OP
OP
S

Sixpixels

Banned
Reaction score
He guys sorry for the slow response. Yes i got the kit that came with the free rear shocks.
I did not get shock extenders. Also they did install the rubber spacers. At first they didnt and showed me and the wheels wheel ws literally sittin on the tire...it looked mean but i knew it would be a rough ride. To this day i still have crazy rubbing. When they had it on the lift they said it was only rubbing the splash guards and that it would wear away and SHOULDNT wear the tires. I mostly gettin it when the wheels are turned almost all the way. Sounds like its about to rip somethng off. Its annoying as hell already. As for the rear i only really get rubbing on sways and bumps if i have people in the back and turning. Other then that its minimal. Front is the killer.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Heres some pics with the drop and wheels. Not too great quality since they were taken with my Iphone

http://pbckt.com/sR.oIj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts