Suspension lift and Autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to lift my 2001 Yukon XL 3” front and 2” rear.

(or even 2.5” front and 1.5” rear)

I have Autoride suspension, and wondering what options are available to retain Autoride functionality?

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most kits require to disable the Autoride, but I’d like to retain it.

Can I just get some relocation brackets foe the rear to make it work?

Anyone lifted their truck with Autoride??

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think BDS offers some shock relocation brackets for autoride Equipped trucks.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed I saw those complete BDS kits, but they are $2100... which is a tad more than I was hoping to spend.

I’m wondering if a regular lift kit will work if I also install shock extenders and relocation brackets (if I can source the individually), along with extending the height sensor rod?

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed I saw those complete BDS kits, but they are $2100... which is a tad more than I was hoping to spend.

I’m wondering if a regular lift kit will work if I also install shock extenders and relocation brackets (if I can source the individually), along with extending the height sensor rod?
More than likely you could make something work. Maybe hit up BDS and see if they sell just the relocation brackets?

Out of curiosity is there a reason you want to retain Autoride with a lift? Almost every lift out there comes with new shocks, why not just disable and use the new shocks?

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely you could make something work. Maybe hit up BDS and see if they sell just the relocation brackets?

Out of curiosity is there a reason you want to retain Autoride with a lift? Almost every lift out there comes with new shocks, why not just disable and use the new shocks?
I enjoy the ride quality and versatility of the Autoride setup. Also, I had replaced the Autoride shocks just a few years ago ($800), so don’t want to pull them out just yet.

I’m still trying to find a bracket to extend the level sensor.

And would I need the same type of shock extenders that work on a non-Autoride setup?

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this work?

If I can extend the height sensor rod by exactly 2”, the install 2” shock extender, along with a 2” coil spacer… This should handle the rear, no?

And can I use the same coil spacers I would use for non-Z55 coils?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts