Suspension (and other mods) complete.... for now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad32486

Reaction score
This post is long over due as I did this back in mid-late summer. For now though, the suspension is complete for awhile. Previously, I only had 2" drop coils for the rear to level out the rake on the truck. In reality, the rear lowered between 2.5-3". I kept wrestling with whether I should do anything with the front and if I did, how I would do it and how low I would go. This truck is a family truck that does light off-roading (cabin land so uneven, rutted roads and nasty minimum maintenance forest roads), and needs to be usable enough to tow our 4,000 lb travel trailer.

So I went with 2" drop spindles for the front. Along with that swap, I also performed the following:
New front wheel bearings
Front "quick struts" and new rear shocks as there were about 120k miles on the others
Right front sway bar link, which was completely missing
Front Diff fluid change
Rear Diff fluid change
Transfer case fluid change
I shaved down the front air dam to still leave some ground clearance
24" Dub Baller wheels with TPMS

The only thing left is repairing hail damage from the spring, that should be done before summer comes. Tahoe Before.jpgTahoe After.jpg

OP
OP
Brad32486

Brad32486

Reaction score
Forest roads on those Dubs?
Carefully navigated forest roads haha. At the end of one there is this big hill that overlooks the lake the cabin is on and it's very steep and rocky rutted road up to the top. Last time I went up there was this younger couple with a kid hanging out up there. They used a UTV/side by side to get there and you can hear cars coming up the road even though you're only going 5 mph. I laughed thinking about what they thought when they saw this lowered truck with giant rims mud dirt and dust slinging off of it climbing up this hill hahaha. But it's always been okay. I've very careful with wheel placement but I sure get some funny looks from ATVs/UTVs that have to pull over to let me pass.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tire did you go with on the 24’s?

OP
OP
Brad32486

Brad32486

Reaction score
What size tire did you go with on the 24’s?
Ugh I just looked at this last night and thought I took a pic but I didn't. I know they are 295 but I don't remember the aspect ratio. I think 35... Bigger sidewall than I expected for a 24" and I do have light rubbing on the rear side of the right front fender liner, but it hasn't worn through or anything. I'll try and remember to double check the size tonight. They are hibernating in my basement for winter right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts