Supreme suspensions 3" level and lift installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BugginOut

Reaction score
So I got the lift installed yesterday. It's funny how watching youtube videos, those bastages always make things look so easy. lol.... For the torsion keys, I beat the snot out of those things for ever with a 2# sledge and a long punch. I thought my arms were going to fall off.... but in the videos, bang bang plink... No problems. <bird!>

Anyway, everything else went well, with the exception of the shock extenders. I'm not sure if they sent the wrong ones, but these suckers are NOT fitting on my ride.
Tried upper and lower shock mounts, flipping and turning it in multiple ways. No bueno. I wrote to them, see what they say. Think I might just get me a set of the right length shocks instead.

At any rate, it's pretty tall...at least for my taste. Irony? Even with the torsion bars set bolt cranked up ALL the way, it STILL doesn't sit level... (3" Level and lift kit")

20200522_192104.jpg 20200522_192134.jpg 20200522_204304.jpg

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
Ok, so ride quality. Not happy. If this is the result of the torsion lift, it's gonna get ripped out. Every little bump isn't just a bump. Its like being in a mosh pit. the Z71 is supposed to have good shocks on it already. Do I need to get something different?

OH! I and I meant to ask before, but forgot. The brake line....it was bolted to the top of the pumpkin. Had to unbolt it to allow for "stretch". Is there a recommended fix for that? It makes me nervous to have it floating like that.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so ride quality. Not happy. If this is the result of the torsion lift, it's gonna get ripped out. Every little bump isn't just a bump. Its like being in a mosh pit. the Z71 is supposed to have good shocks on it already. Do I need to get something different?

OH! I and I meant to ask before, but forgot. The brake line....it was bolted to the top of the pumpkin. Had to unbolt it to allow for "stretch". Is there a recommended fix for that? It makes me nervous to have it floating like that.

make a bracket out of angle iron... short little piece will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts