Supplier Pricing being honored?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a vehicle purchase contract stating the numbers discussed? If you have it in writing somewhere, hopefully their an honest dealership.

gilboyj

Reaction score
A contract is legally enforceable, and the email is proof of the contract. They won’t attempt to back out unless they’re stupid (or they think the customer doesn’t know the law).
FYI to OP - in order for any contract to be legally enforceable it must have an offer, an acceptance of that offer, consideration, (bargained for exchange and legal detriment) and mutual assent to be bound by its terms.

So, contrary to popular belief, not all email exchanges amount to a fully formed contract. I’m not suggesting the dealer would do this, but depending on the scope of the email discussions they could easily argue the emails were mere negotiations as opposed to an offer.

tlockhart

Reaction score
Dealer tried to charge me 95k for an 82,800 MSRP. Car wasn't even on the lot yet, I'd had it "reserved" with a deposit for two months, thought I did not "custom" order it.

They wouldn't budge, said that's the market, and they could get that tomorrow.

I walked.

Thislife1977

Reaction score
I have a purchase agreement below MSRP and all my documentation from the order, including several manufacturing documents w/ production codes from GM stating the vehicle has been sold to me. I’ve discussed with a lawyer and the dealership would face significant breach of contract damages if they do not honor the purchase agreement. It also helps that my salesman is really cool

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one incoming one the fly for a Midwest dealer. Denali Ultimate Dmax and paid close to sticker but under and they said the would give me more off if I could find a GM employee as a family member or military or 1st responder. Of course I couldn't, but they were willing to offer and this is a white hot vehicle right now. Not all dealers are idiots... Only Denali Ultimate DMax w/in 750 mile radius, even in transit.. I'm Happy to have got it actually.... 4 people called on it the same day I bought it... all from out of state...

Try Lou Fusz or Laura in St louis...

DGMO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought one incoming one the fly for a Midwest dealer. Denali Ultimate Dmax and paid close to sticker but under and they said the would give me more off if I could find a GM employee as a family member or military or 1st responder. Of course I couldn't, but they were willing to offer and this is a white hot vehicle right now. Not all dealers are idiots... Only Denali Ultimate DMax w/in 750 mile radius, even in transit.. I'm Happy to have got it actually.... 4 people called on it the same day I bought it... all from out of state...

Try Lou Fusz or Laura in St louis...
I'm in st Louis - will try those dealers....am trying to get one of these codes also...

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you getting the supplier discount if its not in your or your spouse's name? Everytime I use my discount code my wife has to come sign since the code is in her name.

George And

Reaction score
How are you getting the supplier discount if its not in your or your spouse's name? Everytime I use my discount code my wife has to come sign since the code is in her name.
I was under the understanding that it’s for immediate family only. You your spouse and children. Possibly siblings or parents too depending on the source. I think cousins and others who have the same last name have abused it etc, but you can’t give it to a stranger or friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the understanding that it’s for immediate family only. You your spouse and children. Possibly siblings or parents too depending on the source. I think cousins and others who have the same last name have abused it etc, but you can’t give it to a stranger or friend.

Odd. multiple dealers would not allow for me to sign..my wife had to sign or they couldnt sell me the vehicle. This has happened 3 times in 2 years. Again, this is for my suppliers discount which is given to my wife due to her employer.

George And

Reaction score
Odd. multiple dealers would not allow for me to sign..my wife had to sign or they couldnt sell me the vehicle. This has happened 3 times in 2 years. Again, this is for my suppliers discount which is given to my wife due to her employer.
I get it via first responder and it’s a bit note flexible. When you get the authorization code there is a drop down menu when you put in the details and enter purchaser info. I chose self but I know it applied to at least spouse and children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts