Supplier Pricing being honored?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jumbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali XL Ultimate is scheduled to arrive at the dealer any day. When I ordered it back in December, the dealer said (in an email) that when it arrives, they would honor the first responder discount.

Based on the demand and lack of inventory, I have a funny feeling that they may turn back on that promise. Has anyone recently had any experience with this? I guess if they pull that move, I either accept and pay full msrp or back out and I’m sure they would sell it instantly. What a crazy market.

What would you do?

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked mine up just yesterday, and they honored my employee family discount (GMS) no questions asked. I gave the authorization number and they pulled some form from their side with my name, birthday and some other info on it -- including the VIN of the rig with the discounted price.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali XL Ultimate is scheduled to arrive at the dealer any day. When I ordered it back in December, the dealer said (in an email) that when it arrives, they would honor the first responder discount.

Based on the demand and lack of inventory, I have a funny feeling that they may turn back on that promise. Has anyone recently had any experience with this? I guess if they pull that move, I either accept and pay full msrp or back out and I’m sure they would sell it instantly. What a crazy market.

What would you do?
you ordered it at a prediscussed price tag correct? you didn't just tell them what you wanted and took everything at face value? outside of that i seriously doubt a dealership is going to do something that stupid. the amount of trouble you can cause them with thier relationship with gm could be serious. most if not all dealerships are merely sanctioned by gm to sell thier products. if a dealership causes serious problems with customers it reflects back on gm. not to mention i believe the first responders thing is a direct gm thing not relating to the dealership. the lack of inventory is gms "fault" or ploy either way it technically doesn't hurt the dealerships that much. great way to increase the demand on something is to make it hard to get. if a dealership actually gets one to sell it probably wont sit around long so either way they still make thier profit on it. every year brand new vehicles end up sitting around and end up being severely discounted and end up as left overs. probably wont be many leftover yukons and such next year.
on another note i just dont know why you guys are even buying these trucks. some people pay less for a house than people are paying for these trucks. my buddy actually found one that's at a dealership and compared to the build and price suggested price they have it listed for 12k more.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
you ordered it at a prediscussed price tag correct? you didn't just tell them what you wanted and took everything at face value? outside of that i seriously doubt a dealership is going to do something that stupid. the amount of trouble you can cause them with thier relationship with gm could be serious. most if not all dealerships are merely sanctioned by gm to sell thier products. if a dealership causes serious problems with customers it reflects back on gm. not to mention i believe the first responders thing is a direct gm thing not relating to the dealership. the lack of inventory is gms "fault" or ploy either way it technically doesn't hurt the dealerships that much. great way to increase the demand on something is to make it hard to get. if a dealership actually gets one to sell it probably wont sit around long so either way they still make thier profit on it. every year brand new vehicles end up sitting around and end up being severely discounted and end up as left overs. probably wont be many leftover yukons and such next year.
on another note i just dont know why you guys are even buying these trucks. some people pay less for a house than people are paying for these trucks. my buddy actually found one that's at a dealership and compared to the build and price suggested price they have it listed for 12k more.
They can keep it, especially since it's a 1st year model--which usually has issues. I hate greedy dealers.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
A contract is legally enforceable, and the email is proof of the contract. They won’t attempt to back out unless they’re stupid (or they think the customer doesn’t know the law).

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although my local dealer has removed all discounts from their new Yukon’s in stock, even on one that was previously priced at over $5K off MSRP (an AT4 at that), I have done searches in other areas of the country and well optioned Yukon’s can still be bought for many thousand off MSRP, at least as of last week. :)

OP
OP
J

Jumbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great input everyone. I really hope you all are right and they will honor the pricing just like they did for JasonHTX. Maybe this is just my paranoia but I just don’t trust dealers especially during this time when they are more profitable than ever. I’ll let you all know hopefully next week.

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Interesting discussion! We bought our 2021 Yukon Denali last week and the Sales Manager gave us $2K incentive (for what...I don't know) off the top AND gave me another discount for being retired military. I'll look at the paperwork and see what the total was.

baum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the costco and supplier on mine when i purchased in late dec. I picked up a 'burb z71. Plus i talked my dealer into giving me a heck of a lot more for my trade.

George And

Reaction score

What would you do?
Mine did first responder and Costco cash on a Tahoe rst. From what I understand this is a pass through incentive from GM. You go on the website and do the ID me song and dance and it gives you an authorization code good on any GM vehicle at ANY GM dealer. I can’t remember if it is good for 2 or 3 months. They will email you a copy of the discount code as well with the details. It’s not vehicle or dealership specific. I had to sign one extra form for it at the dealer. Nothing crazy.

Pm me if you need help or more details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24