Superchips Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxpsi

Reaction score
Engine tune
I selected the 87 octane tune before selecting to customize some settings.

rev limit - stock engine with no bolt-ons, so stock limit.

speed limiter - selected "raised limit" whatever that is.

V4 mode - OFF
This noticeably improved the feel of the truck driving around town.

shift points - I didn't really mess with these after the 1st change from stock. I have 34" tires and stock 3.08 gears, so I knew I could use some help from hold the gear a little longer.
1-2 shift = 150rpm increase
2-3 shift = 100 rpm increase
3-4 shift = 50 rpm

Shift firmness - 150%
I screwed around with this quite a bit as well. Only one setting is higher "MAX value". I'm right on the edge of being harsh, but I'm going to give it some miles before either staying at 150% or dropping it back down to 125%. Part throttle is smooth yet firm. The wide-open throttle shift is still very firm especially. When stock, I never noticed the shift I guess due to the slippage the factory incorporates.

Torque management - OFF
This setting improved the overall drivability around town and up hills a lot. Less downshifting, and just more pleasant to drive. More power and response at slight throttle.

Upshift Torque - Enable or Disable - I have mine disabled.

throttle response - Stock + 20%
Outside of shift firmness, this is the nicest adjustment. No more laziness or Lag with part throttle inputs. Much more power with less throttle. It feels more like a cable actuated throttle body than drive-by-wire now.

TPMS - Set at 31psi front and back

Tire size - Adjusted it to where the speedo matched what I was seeing with my GPS.

It's definitely a nice programmer. I wasn't asking for much, but it does have some nice options. The load time for tune changes is WAYYY faster than the Cobb programmer I had on my 335i. If I am ever in an emergency situation and need to get going quickly, it's nice to know the throttle and shifts will be there when I need them. Too early to evaluate MPG, but I did reset everything to monitor.

Last edited:

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the selections you made, other than trans firmness are what GM should have been able to do...thanks FED GOV.

it makes these pigs so much nicer to drive. my only suggestion would be to change the torque management and see if you notice a change. my 2011, had some issues when i turned off the torque management. but the 17 still drives better due to the throttle input setting...i would bet that is what your noticing more than anything around town.

OP
OP
M

maxpsi

Reaction score
Superchips calls it Torque Upshift I think. You can select from enable or disabled. I think other programmers allows percentages of reduction.

What issues did you have with that?

OP
OP
M

maxpsi

Reaction score
From Superchips website:

" Torque management adjustments (On/Off for torque recution on upshifts & downshifts)"

OP
OP
M

maxpsi

Reaction score
Ok, I looked at the settings versus trying to remember them.

There is Shift Torque which I listed the percentage above. T

here is also a setting for Upshift Torque, which you can enable or disable. I have mine disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal