supercharger or turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be amazing to hear turbo spool and an blow off valve(BOV) on a Yukon as it flys by. It would probably scare a bunch of people because it's so unexpected.

^ saw your post. Are you still rebuilding the motor for the supercharger?

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
talked to the guys at the shop today, i think the supercharger won this round, the simplicity, price, and reliability are what did it for me, plus that neat little whine haha

hopefully they atleast talked you into a Magnacharger TVS2300... you want ALOT of whine? Get the jackshaft setup with the rear cogs.

OP
OP
rustyshackleford
Reaction score
i forgot the name of the brand they recommended, but these guys really seem like they know what theyre doing, its called DC Performance in Los Angeles and they had a lot of very impressive 1000+ hp cars in there, but i'll run all the info by you guys before i make any decisions,

deep inside, i still want a turbo, but they made it seem like something an immature child would get instead of a practical sound minded adult, i dont know what to do, i really like the simplicity of SC, but turbo is so much cooler, im doing the tranny,Tq convertor, gears, drive shaft, and pullys in late august/september. so theres still plenty of time before i start building the motor, im kinda scared though, is this a stupid waste of money seeing how my trucks got 91k, i keep it in tip top shape, very OCD about my truck, and i cant really afford to buy a new car and do all this stuff to it, gotta make use of the warranty first, and dont ask me how i put 91k on an end of the year 08

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts