supercharger or turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are your goals? You just want a boosted ride to roll around in, extra towing power, etc? Or are you planning on running the truck down the track?

I contemplated both options when I went F/I. Just for ease of install and customer support, I went with Magnacharger since they were proven. I've had an MP122HH and TVS1900 on my truck. I've owned those as well as an MP112, Whipple, and Roush TVS1900 that never made it on the truck. I had all of these within a year. Best blower I owned, period, was the Magnacharger TVS1900.

Very user friendly blower and is ready to run out of the box. Then you can tweak it as time progresses and push it to its limits. For a 6.2 in that Denali, ideally I'd run a TVS2300.

Blackbear is a Magnacharger dealer, hit them up. I think every vehicle they own is blown. I'm sure Justin can share his insight to that as well and give you an unbiased opinion.

I do believe there is no "best type of F/I," as I think its more fitting to say there is a "best type of F/I for the end user." If it fits your goals and your likings, then it's the best for you.

OP
OP
rustyshackleford
Reaction score
im tryin to track it for sure, but i dont have another car so its also gonna be my daily driver but i dont care about gas mileage or keeping it street legal, its already not street legal but they cant ticket me cause i live in LA and my plates and registration are from Texas, all i care about is power and reliability, the most power, while still keeping it realiable

OP
OP
rustyshackleford
Reaction score
thanks but im a far ways from actually buying one, after i build the tranny in august, im gonna do brakes, gears, cf ds,and suspension blah blah blah, and then, im gonna do the internals before i go FI, lookin at about 8-9 months before i start shopping for whichever FI route i decide on

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
my vote is for the practical and proven TVS2300. There is a guy on performancetrucks.net selling one right now (setup for 14psi at the moment) complete with headers, Innovators West 8-rib setup, and all. Pretty solid price too. And it is for your 6.2L :secret:

edit, here u go: http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-8-rib-arh-1-7-8-headers-full-exhaust-485868/

Damn! I need to get a 6.2 still. I just bought a 6L80 trans from a totalled Tahoe. Can't afford that kit right now, or else I would have.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks but im a far ways from actually buying one, after i build the tranny in august, im gonna do brakes, gears, cf ds,and suspension blah blah blah, and then, im gonna do the internals before i go FI, lookin at about 8-9 months before i start shopping for whichever FI route i decide on

wow, if you are going to do all forged internals and go that route, you might as well throw a turbo on it. Seems like you are taking it from daily to race. In that case, turbo all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts