Supercharger or Turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auhhh!!! The age ol question. Should I supercharge or turbo. Well I finally broke down and bought a Vortech supercharger. I’ve been going back and forth on whether I should or not on my daily driver. And whether I should supercharge or turbo if I do. Here’s my reason for choosing the supercharger.
1. Cost, the new supercharger was almost $1,000 cheaper
2. Ease of installation. The turbo kit was going to require me to tap into the engine oil and drill a hole for a return. Plus I would have to completely redo my exhaust and it literally would take a whole weekend to install. The supercharger will take approximately 4 hours to install
3. Horsepower, now this is specific for my application. The turbo would probably provide too much power for my daily driver and I would start breaking shit. I’m already pushing close to 500hp. With the charger it will add the perfect amount that I need for my specific application. The charger will also help me launch faster which is the main reason I bought it. Very sluggish off the line but then about 30 mph it blasts off.
4. The turbo will generate more heat
5. The charger is also very easy to uninstall quickly if I need to.
In the end these are my reasons for purchasing the supercharger kit over the turbo kit.

Picture of the supercharger kit that I just bought.

21A5380D-343A-4000-9EA5-CB6604D58452.png

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you even read my post? What? You want proof of my purchase? Here ya go *******!78483948-58DE-4FFD-BBBB-8E5EBF10BF42.png

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting on the supercharger kit to arrive in the mail. It’s being shipped directly from Vortech.

Dave Jr

Reaction score
Pics, vids, timeslips, etc. or I call BS.
F935975C-C495-4A1B-9365-9335D2631B3F.jpeg
They want something like this:D

Anyway, blowers are great reliable power.
Centrifugal systems (ProCharger, turbos) can make tremendous power, however in the higher RPM range .. 4k plus
Roots style blowers start generating torque early on, great for daily, city, heavy vehicles even towing
Been beating my throttle post blower with 0 issues. (10k miles on blower)

Most important step IMO is getting a tune. The base tunes from whatever supercharger company are bad and won’t match your personal driving style, desired shift points, local atmospheric conditions, elevation etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts