Super glue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was putting in LED light in my cluster today. Of course my dash has some cracks in it. The slot for the dash plate to lock into are pretty broken up. The dash plate is loose at the top of course. I will be getting a dash overlay, but can someone tell me if super glue or something would maybe fix the slots that aren't missing pieces? I will be replacing my stereo next week probably and don't plan on have the dash off for anything else after that, but it would be nice if it were more secure.
20220507_092657.jpg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Panel bonder usually works good, but has to dry 24 Hrs. And must be weighted or clamped to fit when dry, great on back side as then stronger. Superglue works for single surface cracks that are still short. Can even texture the surface to match with some plastic kitchen wrap and somethig like Plasti-dip.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Panel bonder usually works good, but has to dry 24 Hrs. And must be weighted or clamped to fit when dry, great on back side as then stronger. Superglue works for single surface cracks that are still short. Can even texture the surface to match with some plastic kitchen wrap and somethig like Plasti-dip.
Thanks. I just feel like I need to do something to it.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are dealing with cracks that are not visible with the cluster installed, you might want to “stop drill” the end of the crack so it doesn’t migrate and continue cracking. We use this method with plastic helicopter interior panels that crack. Take a magnifying glass, find the very end of the crack. Carefully drill it with a 1/16 to 1/8” bit. We usually lay some 2 ton epoxy over it for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7