Sunroof Wind Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgpie75

Reaction score
Anyone add a sunroof wind deflector to their Tahoe or Yukon yet? I find that little fabric wind deflector or whatever it is that pops up when the sunroof is open creates a lot of wind noise and is kind of annoying. Thinking about adding one of the plastic ones to see if that helps. Have had them on other cars and like them. Would be interested in seeing pics if anyone has added one to their 2015 Yukon. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
R

rgpie75

Reaction score
Well I guess I'll be the first to try one out. Just ordered. Will post some pics later in the week after I get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forwar to seeing it! I def agree cloth thing makes lots of wind sound.

OP
OP
R

rgpie75

Reaction score
So I tried the the Auto Ventshade 35.5 inch wind deflector. Ordered it from Amazon for about $40. I would not recommend it. In fact I removed it after only a day. I forgot to take a pic. It looked ok but not great. It did not improve wind noise at all. In fact it was worse. With the sunroof open the wind noise itself was a bit better but there was a slight whistle and a little buffeting, both of which I found more annoying than the factory fabric deflector. And with the sunroof closed there was wind noise that was not present before. So I'm back to stock for now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
I put a wind deflector on a car once and after time it really messed up the paint where it sat. I won't put another deflector on any of my vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014