Panoramic sunroof blew out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess add me to the people who have sunroof issues. Driving home yesterday from Dallas to San Antonio on the interstate and heard a loud cracking noise. Didn't know what it was at the time, nothing obvious that we could see. Sounded like when a partially empty water bottle pops from a change in pressure. Couple minutes later it shattered and wind noise was pretty loud.

Called dealer I bought the Tahoe from and they told me tough break. He said it's designed to be tough and not break, duh, and that it probably got hot and got water on it. I laughed at him and said yeah in the middle of the drought we're in I drove through the only rain storm in the state. He just reiterated that it was my fault and they won't even bother submitting to GM for warranty claim.

I mean am I wrong in that they should at least try?

He said when I first spoke to him that he has never heard of this ever happening. Then when he called back after talking with mgmt he said they searched the GM database and this has never been recorded anywhere by anyone. I'm the first person ever. give me a break!!!

Should I try a different dealer? I have multiple others in the area. I have some calls in to independent shops but they're telling me at least two weeks if not longer to get the glass. I have not heard pricing from anyone as of it, dealer or independent
Living in Dallas, I was happy to order my recent Tahoe with no sunroof whatsoever. Helps keep the vehicle a little cooler. Also, whenever something goes wrong, the dealers or manufacturers have never heard of the problem before, ever. Don't feel unique. This is what they tell everyone.

OP
OP
F

firstGT

Reaction score
Living in Dallas, I was happy to order my recent Tahoe with no sunroof whatsoever. Helps keep the vehicle a little cooler. Also, whenever something goes wrong, the dealers or manufacturers have never heard of the problem before, ever. Don't feel unique. This is what they tell everyone.
yup agreed. still gonna look at trading for new one at some point. we'll see. I don't really feel like going through all the hassle again of finding a Tahoe but maybe things are better now than last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan