Sunroof Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirk13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with this on for 15-20 tahoes? Recently got a 2017 and I have a sunroof leak on the driver side, looking for a solution. You can see in the attached photos where the leak is coming from. It looks like water is making its way onto the inner aluminum track that does not route to the drains.

I see a few videos on YouTube about folks dealing with this by gluing a little catch cup over the plastic mechanisms on the underside, however I’d really like to stop the water intrusion to a area it wasn’t designed to be in the first place. Also, the back of the channel does not route to drain either and I’ve got staining above the driver side second row from, I’m assuming, water running back the track.

The folks on YT speculate that water goes between the seal and glass and makes its way around so I’m going to try running an adhesive sealant under the seal to see if that helps.

Wondering if there are any other fixes I should be looking at.

The leak is NOT coming from the antenna and I also checked the driver side ditch drain for faulty sealant. Also, the sunroof drains are clog free.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar