Sunroof leaks, drain tubes issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateDiggity

Reaction score
Preface: I have read all about the sunroof leaks and clogs etc

I have put water through my drain holes manually and have figured out its my drivers side drain that is the issue. The passenger side gargles and gets rid of the water I manually pour in a hurry. The driver side does not. It does get rid of the water, but much slower. After I pour the water in I checked for leaks etc. I have a bunch down by the kick panel and some shows at the bolt that holds the A pillar trim piece.

Because of this, I think my tube is actually disconnected and not clogged. I have tried to blow out the drain hole already. I also think its disconnected because if it was clogged it should be backing up in the gutter around the sunroof and then leaking in. My theory is that the water is going into the drain hole, but then following the outside of the tubing since its disconnected. That's why its showing water at the A pillar as well as the kick panel.

So, I have tried to look into the drain tubes and some say they are not able to be reconnected, and others say if you drop the headliner you can get to them. Has anyone done it? Dropping the headliner enough to get to it is easy enough, but just don't want to waste my time.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to dig in. I don't have a sunroof on my truck, but have on other vehicles. Getting access to the top of the drain tube isn't very hard. I'd start be removing the A-pillar and trying your experiment again. Then you might be able to see a little of what's going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck