Sunroof drains???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please describe to me where the sun roof drains can be found? Are they in the front of the sunroof opening or the side? I have asked for this information on two or three threads but no one has ever answered. I have a weathertech sunroof opening visor so maybe that is blocking my view of the drains.

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get an answer, but if you open your sunroof the whole way and poke your head up through, the drains are in either corner up front, and the side drains run down the b pillar. Pretty much right above your head along side of the sunroof track. You will have to pull you head liner down a little bit to find it. I took the glass out of my sunroof to find all this. The side ones are shaped like a trough, and the front ones are holes at the corners. You may have trouble seeing them with your visor.
Good luck!

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think i could blow them out with some compressed air with out any damage. Currently dont have problems but might be a good idea to clean them out. Thanks, sorry to hijack

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Keep the pressure low and there shouldnt be a problem. You don't want to blow the line apart and have a whole new problem on your hands. Mine are rubber lines and I would imagine over time they get brittle, so take it easy and you shouldn't have a problem.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were backed up and leaking onto my floor somewhere and sunce the truck was under warranty I took it. The dealership charged me $60 bucks to clean them out and I havent had the problem since. I thought for a minute I would do it myself but then my fear was I would blow out the lines. The service guy told me they run a small tube that connects to a hose down the tube to clear it out. Who knows, they probably used an air hose for all I know. If I had the chance again, i wouldnt have wasted my $60

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tape a drinking straw onto my compressor nozzle and use short bursts of air to make sure they aren't plugged, the straw is nice because its flexible and not sharp which makes it easy to get into the drains!! Also get a small mirror and use it to locate the drains, much easier!!

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score
[email protected] So it rained (Hard) last night and not my rear cargo area is soaked! Right side floor and also the interior 1/4 panel has water. I have an appointment at the stealership Wednesday but would love to be educated. Vehicle is certified so thats good just want to hear some ideas.

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts