Sunroof drains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 denali that has rust behind the lower hinge of the front door and near the lower hinge of the rear door. Can this rust be coming from the sunroof drains? After painting the rust returned shortly after.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Dnrain Moved you here from 2021+section.
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a couple pieces of trim on the A-pillar. One is inside the door jam, adjacent the windshield (I don't have a photo). It's held on by two Philips screws. Remove it and inspect behind it. Next if you haven't already, remove the interior a pillar trim... That sunroof drain is a small rubber hose that runs down the inside of the pillar. You can see it in my photo where I rebuilt my dash... Make sure the hose isn't leaking or plugged.

Also post a picture of the affected area if you can so we can get a better idea.

Passenger side, in sunlight on pillar adjacent windshield.
20180428_183326.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo