Suggestions on Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bridgez71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to the forum and I just got my first car! I now have a white 2005 tahoe z71 and I love it. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on mods to do to make my car stand out a little. I am getting a new radio installed tomorrow, but I am interested in performance/exterior mods. Keep in mind that I am 16 and only have around $800 or so to spend on mods. I am open for any suggestions, but I do not want to do anything to the lights, but other than that I am completely open for any ideas.

Thanks,
Patrick

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id be looking to get some rims and tires. but what do u want out of the truck? off road? road only? u trying to drag race your buddies civic? what is your overall goal?

OP
OP
B

Bridgez71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah I just got some new all terrains on it, but I do want to make this truck into a more off road capable vehicle.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Maybe a lift kit

Then Some Performance

(ColdAirIntake-Muffler-Headers)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
With that kind of money go get a caí. Should be about $200 then get start saving up for either repairs u may have in the future or a decent lift, tires, and regear. Also get some pics up man

mmeachem

Reaction score
Yeah get a Spectre 9900 CAI on amazon.com for 150 and a muffler can cost anywhere from 50 to 120

And they both will give you better throttle response-mpg gains and sound difference

Here is my Spectre 9900

466f17a8-0eb3-101a.jpg

466f17a8-0ec4-e73b.jpg

They now come with a red filter or white or blue on jegs.com

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it might not be cool or fun, but I would make sure the vehicle is in 100% running order before I went to the aftermarket doo-dads. I am not implying you have a hoopty, so don't take offense when I ask if all the basic maintenance has been performed?

Changing ALL the fluids, plugs, wires, filters, can cost hundreds. I'm not saying everyone, but it is amazing how many people will put mods a on vehicle that has a check engine light, or other general maintenance needs.
Welcome. Enjoy your new truck, take care of it and it will take care of you :)

OP
OP
B

Bridgez71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes all proper maintenance has been done and it is running really well.

loho16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ebay intake you find for around 65 shipped works well too. Looks just like the spectre intake but has red couplers.

OP
OP
B

Bridgez71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I'm getting a Spectre cold air intake. How much do you think installation for one of these would cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali