Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenielsen

Reaction score
2015i Denali Subwoofer - Anyone have any specs, diagrams of it?

Does anyone know anything about the subwoofer that is in the Bose system in the Yukons? I presume it is in the center console as it was in the last gen, but it may have been moved forward some, maybe under the cupholder or even more forward (due to the deeper console). Anyone pulled theirs? I'm curious of size, etc. Would like to put something with a little bit more oomph to it. Maybe a 10"

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jenielsen

Reaction score
Hmm, someone has to have access to the exploded diagram views of this thing...Anyone? Yeti, is this something that you have insight to?

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2015 with Bose and have a sub out of another car. I'm ready to throw it in this thing. Curious to know the best route too...

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to put in an amp and sub and don't have factory Bose sub that I'm aware of. Anyone have a recommendation for how to determine if I do? Regardless, if it is present I'm not satisfied with the bass performance. Interested in this thread to determine if dealer installed sub makes sense.

OP
OP
J

jenielsen

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2015 with Bose and have a sub out of another car. I'm ready to throw it in this thing. Curious to know the best route too...

The best route is to leave the Bose system w/sub intact and add your extra sub to give it more oomph. From what I know, you'll need an extra amp and will need to feed it off the Bose sub input using a PAC (or other) converter.

Anyone try replacing the Bose amp or sub?

From what I have researched, if you take the Bose amp out of the loop, you will need to replace the entire system (headunit and other speakers). They all are complementary and won't work without one another. My understanding is that the Bose speakers have an unusual ohm rating which renders them unusable for other amps.

I want to put in an amp and sub and don't have factory Bose sub that I'm aware of. Anyone have a recommendation for how to determine if I do? Regardless, if it is present I'm not satisfied with the bass performance. Interested in this thread to determine if dealer installed sub makes sense.

If you don't have the Bose system, I *think* you may have more options available to you. If you are not interested in doing this yourself (via your comment about dealer-installed sub), I might recommend that instead of the dealer, that you look to find a reputable stereo-install shop in your area.

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the info, but I double checked and I have the Bose without the sub. Any other advice is definitely appreciated as the wife was able to sleep through the radio at roughly 80% volume last night. That is unacceptable IMO. Ha!

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have a factory sub....

OP
OP
J

jenielsen

Reaction score
Jack & Rush,
Can you share some further details about the systems you have installed?
How did you tie into the signal to run the amp? Where did you pull power from (alternator or power block)? What subs and amp did you go with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz