sub cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
little while ago i bought a sub and amp from buddy at work for 100 bucks. sub is a kicker 10" cvr and amp is a jbl gto 3501. got my sister bf to help me tune it better and now it works a lot better but still when on ipod mode over like 16 volume the amp cuts out. on radio i can turn it up a lot more. its wired using 4 gauge wire. not much nof a car audio person but would just like to get this annoying problem solved

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
The amp is going on protect right. Its either too much power for the amp like the subs are too strong or the wires are too skinny for the amp

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sub is 400 whats rms and amp is 360rms and 4 gauge wire. i just find it wierd on ipod i can go to 15 and anylouder than that on a song with good bass it cut off but on radio i can go over 20

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea the problem is the wiring or the amp. Try a borrowing a bigger amp n see if it does it if so its the wires

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Radio signals are garbage.

I don't think your amp is big enough for the sub. The wiring is fine. I would just tone down the bass volume and just deal with it. You are probably slamming the hell out of it. A single 10" is useless in a huge Tahoe IMO.

Is it sealed or ported? If sealed, consider making a ported box for some more bass.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I was running 2 kicker 10s in a sealed box with a jensen 4ch 400 and never had problems until i dropped another 2 on. Right now im running my 2 10s amd a 1600 watt amp and a 400 amp on spme 6x9s. Not good enough.... Gonna rip em out and get something way bigger too much space and too little speakers

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its in a ported box. its plenty for what i want, id just like it to perform better. ill see if i can borrow a bigger amp and if it changes

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a manlier amp. I have my two 6.5" subs being blasted by a 1000w RMS amp. Nothing like the smell of toasty voice coils in the morning. lol. Those little guys really do take a beating.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amp is clipping. Try turning the gain down. This could also because of a blown sub

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts