Stuffed 35 12.5's with only 2.5/1 spacer lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z1500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I was able to trim, trim, trim and trim some more to fit 305/70-18's Cooper STT mud terrain tires. These measure a full 35x12.5, even a hair bigger than most actual 35x12.5's. My Tahoe only has 2.5/1.5" spring spacer type lift. Just want everyone to know it is possible with the right wheel offset and a lot of trimming. And it required the Large Nor-Cal fender mod+ 3/4" more. That part is not for the squeamish. Then on the front side we cut the bumper 2.5" at the bottom and tapered that up. A couple custom brackets to hold the wheel well farther forward.

This was only possible because of the info posted here by others. Specifically 01Konvict who seems to single-handedly babysit this section. Thanks.

I will have to upload some pics somewhere and post them.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks dude! Yeah I try help everyone out on the forum. I'm sure you had fun with that NorCal mod to fear 35s! For the front side did you see the pro comp bumper bracket that helps trim it forward while looking tasteful without the slash cut? Also how's the sway bar clearance on them wide tires?

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
To me that looks good^ only thing I'd have is different rims lol.. But that looks much better then 6" lift on 35s with tons of wheel gap. Stuffed FTW!!

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man that is beautiful. I wish I had the guts or time to do this to mine. 33's with a level is going to be enough for me.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I see a lot of fender work to fit them but looks good. The bumper took some help massaging it forward tastefully. That NorCal mod extended to the edge!

OP
OP
Z1500

Z1500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks dude! Yeah I try help everyone out on the forum. I'm sure you had fun with that NorCal mod to fear 35s! For the front side did you see the pro comp bumper bracket that helps trim it forward while looking tasteful without the slash cut? Also how's the sway bar clearance on them wide tires?

With the +12mm offset on my 9" wheels and 305 tires I have a nice little clearance to the sway bar at full turn. Inboard clearancing all we had to do was cut out a bunch of the plastic inner fender well. All the toughest parts were the outer corners of the front tires when turning. If someone wanted to do a little narrower tire on wheels that had a little more + offset, it would be easier and fit better and require less of the drastic cutting. I'll tell you that a zero offset wheel would not have fit with these size tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts