How much lift for 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so. I have run 33s on every Tahoe/Silverado I have owned with stock keys cranked up, no rubbing.

That is with stock wheels though. If you have aftermarket wide offset wheels then you may need more lift. Offset and rim width as well as tire width play a big role in what will fit and what won't.

And cranked keys ride no different than a "leveling kit"/aftermarket lift keys. Any change in ride quality is due to the angle of the control arm changing. The suspension end of the torsion bar has no idea, nor care how you change the angle at which the torsion bar is mounted at the key end.

Most of the difference in ride quality people notice is usually their shocks topping out over bumps anyway. With shock extensions ride quality returns to/remains nearly stock.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of figured that, sinceI'm running 33s and they barely rub with about 1" of lift via the keys. And it is how the truck came to me, not any change/addition I have made.

Ride height is important to me because my wife is 5 feet tall; adding any more height is going to be difficult for us.

I'm also thinking I'm going to add the power steps, but need t oresearch if they go any lower than the side steps I currently have.