Stuck in reverse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hmedeiros0912

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 yukon Denali. Went to leave. Reversed just fine and when I went to put it in drive the shifter just basically flopped around doing nothing but staying in R. Not knowing what to do, I shut it off to try and turn back on and now it won’t start ( is that because it’s now stuck in reverse?). There is power to the lights and radio and all of that but it won’t turn over or even attempt to. It just turns the key on where you can see it’s still in reverse. I was able to get someone to push it over and park it but there was no steering and no brakes, I used the emergency brake. Any ideas?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will only start in park or neutral. Yes you’re in reverse. Something broke in your steering column or along the cable. Pull the boot at bottom of gear selector and see whats going on there, should be a pin holding that gear selector orlook underneath 2 halves

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hmedeiros0912

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, will take a look. I was thinking it could possibly be the shifter cable.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, will take a look. I was thinking it could possibly be the shifter cable.

Yes.
Check both ends of the shifter cable. Most common failure.
There are places that sell just the bushings now so it’s much easier and cheaper than replacing the entire cable for just the ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts