Streaming music and videos to factory head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way I can stream movies and videos from my android to my factory head unit. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I have the factory DVD/Monitor with the flip down in the rear.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really, you could put in a hotspot and then a chromecast, or roku, something of that nature and hook it to the a/v inputs, the inputs on the 07 are composite so you would need a hdmi to composite adapter also. better to just yank that archaic head unit out and put in something more modern.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an adapter you can purchase that will allow it but the price and limitations make you consider an aftermarket HU....

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the factory radio in there because it has unlimited XM and the back up camer works well. I looked into the HDMI to composite but it looks like you need a RCA input to the radio which I don't have.

Reaction score
I want to keep the factory radio in there because it has unlimited XM and the back up camer works well. I looked into the HDMI to composite but it looks like you need a RCA input to the radio which I don't have.
You don't have RCA jacks on the rear of the center console facing the second row?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Reaction score
yup I do. I will try the adaptor this week.
I have this HDMI to Composite adapter I bought at Walmart.com that my kids use on trips to play their Xbox1 games and movies on the rear entertainment screens/headphones b8d0e14a57133eac29d42fe6a13c3db9.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a couple options for the siriusxm
1. you call them and tell them the radio was stolen and you bought another radio to use, they will transfer it at no cost.
2. you can call ask to just switch to a different radio and pay a $75 fee, they will allow this a total of 3 times.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an adaptor and it worked! BUT! I can only use it on the rear TV. Is there a way to make it work in the front? And is there a way to watch it while vehicle is in motion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh