STOLEN IN DFW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidj281

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man I hate thieves! I lost a 2005 in Dallas and a 2012 in Houston. Make a list of all your improvements with pricing for the insurance agents. I got a fair price for both and I have Farmers.
Have a 2013 now. Locksmith told me to never use the key fob to lock, manually lock it as the thieves clone your lock signal. If you have a start button, keep your fob in a rfid proof sleeve at home and on ur person.
I now use an old fashioned steering wheel club and a brake petal lock always. Going to put in a starter kill switch soon. I don’t keep anything of value in it ever now since the first one was stolen as I lost a lot of stuff, tools etc with that one.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never did hear anything on the stolen Escalade ? that sucks !

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know where mine are at all times, location can be updated every second, yes it can be disabled but not if you don't know it's there and are not looking for it and it's buried way up under the dash
Screenshot_20221122-124140.png

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know where mine are at all times, location can be updated every second, yes it can be disabled but not if you don't know it's there and are not looking for it and it's buried way up under the dash
View attachment 385785
Which kit do you have? I just put a viper alarm in my van a couple weeks ago. Regretting not going with the smart system now

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which kit do you have? I just put a viper alarm in my van a couple weeks ago. Regretting not going with the smart system now
the gps/smart start is a separate module, it works with a variety of directed alarms, in fact if you get the directed "brand" smart start it is cheaper than the the "viper" the kicker is they are the exact same thing you are just paying extra for the viper sticker on it.
the viper is the vsm550
the directed is the dsm550
they are electronically identical and work on any supported directed alarm brand. clifford, avital, viper, etc..
you can install it yourself it is plug-n-play no programming needed, you just have to pay for the service which is annually about $120 so $10-12 a month
which model did you have installed? pretty much if it has remote start then the dsm550 will work, you just plug it in the correct port and then connect constant power and make your account online. then you can do all your remote functions and track it with your phone, tablet, pc, ipad whatever.
you can use the viper app or the directed app whichever one you prefer, I like the viper app myself
the module just goes under the dash, you want it up high so it will get a good signal it will show which side goes up.
the module has a imei number just like a cell phone or hotspot (you will need that number to activate it, it's on the device and on the box it comes in)
you can have multiple vehicles on the app also, not sure how many it supports I have 3 on it
smart1.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gps/smart start is a separate module, it works with a variety of directed alarms, in fact if you get the directed "brand" smart start it is cheaper than the the "viper" the kicker is they are the exact same thing you are just paying extra for the viper sticker on it.
the viper is the vsm550
the directed is the dsm550
they are electronically identical and work on any supported directed alarm brand. clifford, avital, viper, etc..
you can install it yourself it is plug-n-play no programming needed, you just have to pay for the service which is annually about $120 so $10-12 a month
which model did you have installed? pretty much if it has remote start then the dsm550 will work, you just plug it in the correct port and then connect constant power and make your account online. then you can do all your remote functions and track it with your phone, tablet, pc, ipad whatever.
you can use the viper app or the directed app whichever one you prefer, I like the viper app myself
the module just goes under the dash, you want it up high so it will get a good signal it will show which side goes up.
the module has a imei number just like a cell phone or hotspot (you will need that number to activate it, it's on the device and on the box it comes in)
you can have multiple vehicles on the app also, not sure how many it supports I have 3 on it
View attachment 385822
I installed the 3106V. I noticed when I installed the module it says directed right on the box so I learned that it wasn’t viper making the products lol. I’ll have to go back and check to see if that came with remote start. It didn’t matter for me because I’m using a Fortin stand alone remote start which has been programmed in my van for years, I just needed some kind of negative trigger to activate the remote start. So I have it wired to like my trunk release on the directed module and it starts my van. I also don’t have a 2 way remote. I just have plain old fobs because I didn’t see the need for the little LCD screen on the fob.

Edit. Looks like the 3106v doesn’t come with remote start. I just got the plain old alarm. But the viper might work directly with my fortin starter instead. I’ll have to do some more research

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the 3106V. I noticed when I installed the module it says directed right on the box so I learned that it wasn’t viper making the products lol. I’ll have to go back and check to see if that came with remote start. It didn’t matter for me because I’m using a Fortin stand alone remote start which has been programmed in my van for years, I just needed some kind of negative trigger to activate the remote start. So I have it wired to like my trunk release on the directed module and it starts my van. I also don’t have a 2 way remote. I just have plain old fobs because I didn’t see the need for the little LCD screen on the fob.

Edit. Looks like the 3106v doesn’t come with remote start. I just got the plain old alarm. But the viper might work directly with my fortin starter instead. I’ll have to do some more research
ya that's funny i was reading about the dsm550 & fortin earlier