Stock Head Unit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '95 2dr Tahoe.
CIMG0757.jpg
That's my head unit.
Question is. Everything works great. BUT....
Some of the buttons don't light up. Is there any way to fix that? I kinda like this head unit and don't really want an aftermarket one right now. Thanks.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want new lights im fairly sure you would have to solder some new ones in there IIRC.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent messed with them in a while but I think you have to take the unit out and then pop off the black piece that surrounds the buttons. They should pop off from there. Again I havnet done it in a while

OP
OP
chaser0517

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully I don't jack it up.
I kinda like my stocker and don't want to flip the boot for an aftermarket just yet.

PH99TAHOE

Reaction score
I need to do this on mine too. Does anybody know the type and size of bulbs, before I take the HU out? I don't want an aftermarket unit, and I'm pretty good with a soldering iron.:)

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local junkyard, see if they have any still in vehicles that you can pull yourself. I know the one near me only charges something like $12-20 for a factory radio. Just be sure to check it (if you can) before you actually buy it. As a bonus, you can usually cut out the harness and get the whole kit and kaboodle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA