Still have my 04 tahoe, BUT, this is different... please please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Mechanic called... said the lifters, bearings, cam, and everything else are good. They asked if I wanted them to continue going down to see what the problem is and I told them to sow it up and I will pick it up in an hour...

99% sure its a piston rod at this point. I am going to drive the car until the motor explodes and I will do a swap at that point. I need to line something up in the meantime so it doesn't catch me by surprise.

Any idea how long this thing will have the rod knock before it blows up?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I've seen Honda engines with zero compression aka a big hole in the block and still running so I'd say u got a long while before it dies

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

U can always get a motor on clist tho and make sure its good for when it does end up going you can drop it in in a weekend

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
fingers crossed now... You guys thing using Lucas oil stabilizer or any of those other products will prolong the inevitable?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Possibility it could be the oil pump itself?
Might as well do some Lucas or super thick additive to see if it helps.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i have never heard a failing oil pump so I do not know for sure, but it is a knock if I have ever heard one so it seems logical that I have rod knock. I got it back now, so I just hope it does me good and get me through 2012... I can worry about it come tax time. Lucas stabilizer and 5w from now on

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Dude you can swap another engine in that shit for $300 just hit up craigslist now and keep an eye out for a killer deal, those engines are a dime a dozen and swapping it into the car is one of the easiest things you can do...save yourself the money and do it yourself I swapped an engine in my '90 integra when I was 16 shit is ridiculously simple you'd be surprised.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea I will keep my eye out on craigs list for a deal.. It would be good to know which motors went in without a hord of new harnesses, motor mounts, etc... I know there has to be at least 4, 5, or 6 different D series motors that share the same harness' and mounts and all that garbage. Just don't know shit about Honda's. I wish the GD honda forums were even remotely helpfull!

Thanks for the help on this one guys, I will get a picture or two of my pile up today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA