Still have my 04 tahoe, BUT, this is different... please please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Here you go
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/3008851646.html
No clue what motor you need, but like said, plenty of them out there to be had for cheap

No good he has a d series. He would need new mounts, harness, ecu and a lot of stuff. Just get a d series

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/3063051129.html
There. It is alil expensive but you can try it out so its worth it. I'd get it if I were u n swap in an a weekend

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
http://msjdmmotors.com/store/jdm-en...series-engines/d15b-jdm-96-00-long-block.html

Dont these typically have less than 100K miles on them?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Good God... there are at least 32,o00 variations of a civic motor. Whats up with the tranny? Do they all bolt up? If I got a different D16 long block without the tranny, would it hookup to my tranny?

P.S. dont hang me for talking about a civic on the tahoe forum... but I have this same thread going on a civic forum and I cant get any answers.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man....no problem getting info on your civic. I'm going to move this to the "Other Vehicles" section, though :Handshake: unfortunately I know little about Hondas, though :D

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea jdm usually have barely any kilometers since Japan has a gay way of trying to kill the older cars. Basically Andy d series engine will work on a d series trans

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Did u check the d 15 I got up for u? It's nearby and you can see it running before u buy

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
do you think the 200k miles is a little worrisome?

I mean, I bought my car with 200k, it ran like a top but it was a 1 owner deal, an old man with piles of maintenance records. It didnt have problems until this fiasco... I have been looking relentlessly for d series motors. I wouldn't mind a d16y8 (EX motor) but I really just want whatever is going to drop in the easiest without having to buy new mounts, harnesses, tranny, etc.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I'd say it should be good I mean hondas last forever but as long as it hasn't been abused I wouldn't worry. Hondas also love high rpms but when doing high rpms they tend to die faster. I would still check it out tho

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Just remember when the engine comes out the trans is also taken out for easy removal. Otherwise its more work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA