sticky pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright y'all, I got a problem and hope someone can help me out. I have a 2000 tahoe 5.3 and when I'm driving with gas pedal down and let off quickly, the pedal sticks when I try to get back on it( stuck at 0% throttle). To get going again I have to press hard but not too hard that I accidentally floor it. When I let off the gas softly there's no problem. This only happens when I let the gas pedal "pop" back. Any thoughts? Thanks.

tahoeswe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I´ve had the same problem myself, but fixed it with some wd-40 on the throttle cable.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check clean n lube the cable. clean the throttle body also. i had a similar issue when i left off the gas and got back on it would take a lil bit of force n u could feel like a click then it would be fine. after cleaning the tb no problems since

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clean the throttle body also. i had a similar issue when i left off the gas and got back on it would take a lil bit of force n u could feel like a click then it would be fine. after cleaning the tb no problems since

Agreed, a sticky TB can cause this, in the past I have had two different cars that had this same issue.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it happens to me when i go to start my truck onces in a while

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I´ve had the same problem myself, but fixed it with some wd-40 on the throttle cable.

check clean n lube the cable. clean the throttle body also. i had a similar issue when i left off the gas and got back on it would take a lil bit of force n u could feel like a click then it would be fine. after cleaning the tb no problems since

Ok, thanks a lot, gentlemen. I'll try both.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
I had the same thing on my 00 Silverado and my 01 Suburban. There was a bunch of gunk built up inside the throttle body. Just take of the intake hose and spray the crap out of the throttle body with cleaner. I don't remember specifically what I used. It was something like carb cleaner that was safe for fuel injected systems.

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing on my 00 Silverado and my 01 Suburban. There was a bunch of gunk built up inside the throttle body. Just take of the intake hose and spray the crap out of the throttle body with cleaner. I don't remember specifically what I used. It was something like carb cleaner that was safe for fuel injected systems.

Thanks, Brad. I'm gonna try that.:beer:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem. It was the throttle body all gunked up. I just cleaned it with some carb cleaner and its been fine ever since. My father in laws 99 silverado did it too. He was gonna take it in for service, but I said I could fix it. I cleaned his too, and its been fine since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mspranger9