Stereo turns back on after getting out of the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Yukon SLT, 5.3 Bose

I have had this problem for a couple years now, but have never really looked into it.

The stereo turns off after pulling the key and opening the door, but a lot of times the stereo will start playing again after closing the door. I will hear it turn back on before walking away from the truck.

I thought it was the stereo, so I replaced the factory head unit with a tablet setup and it is still doing the same thing. I have the tablet set to pause all music and sleep when it loses power, but it looks like the factory harness re-applies power after the door is shut with no key in the ignition.

It usually turns off after about 30 seconds or so, but a few days ago i had a dead battery, which tells me that it never turned off that time.

Any ideas?

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe your accessory wire (RED) is not functioning right or burnt. Have you tried another wire harness? Which harness do you have in now?? PAC??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GMOS04 by Metra, but it did the same thing with the factory setup as well, so its not the harness.

tino ramirez

Reaction score
mine did the same thing, couldn't figure it out, then after a while i didn't get any sound from any of my speakers. not too sure if they are directly related, but still trying to figure it out

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a ghost in your truck that likes music.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leave a justin bieber cd in there that should scare it off

tino ramirez

Reaction score
hahahaha!! i'm still trying to research this problem, but can't really find anything. i also noticed that my chime doesn't come on anymore either. I'm thinking it might be the BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts