Stereo turns back on after getting out of the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drippin Wett

Reaction score
Hmmm I just bought an 03 Z71 hoe a few days ago, and mine is doing this too. It has an a viper alarm system, and pioneer head unit. I haven't had time to research it yet but will be doing so the next couple days. When mine cuts back on it only stays on for a few seconds.

tino ramirez

Reaction score
yea, i have a viper system in it too, but that seems to be working fine. I also have a aftermarket deck in it also. adding to the radio staying on with the key out of the ignition and everything locked, all my speakers went out at the same time, but my subs were still working fine, my chime isn't working either and i keep on getting a rear door open warning. still trying to find out what the heck is wrong with this thing. its getting pretty boring driving w/o any sound.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Omega Echo alarm and it works fine along with the door chime. I can't figure it out.

tino ramirez

Reaction score
After looking for a problem regarding why my stereo was staying on with the truck off and locked, I went ahead and just bought a new harness. All speakers are working fine, chime is working again, and the stereo shuts off when it should. Just waiting for my new deck so i can hook everything up again and have some music on my ride to/from work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879