Stereo switching from SXM to AUX on its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's newly acquired 2010 Tahoe LT has an interesting and quite annoying issue with the stock Bose stereo.

When using SiriusXM, it sometimes works just fine, but other times, it keeps switching over to AUX and it gets really annoying. Most of the time you can correct the issue by pressing the "band" button and it switches back to SXM, but sometimes it just keeps on going back and forth.

As far as I've been able to figure it out, it only does this between SXM and AUX. If the radio is on FM, it doesn't do it.

Judging by the way that it is acting, I'm assuming there is some kind of electrical short, broker solder etc. issue with the AUX, right?

Anybody opened their HU to fix similar issue?

Last edited:

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having close to the same issue the xm keeps turning off on its own, I have a pioneer HU in a 2007 tahoe. I can play the radio sd card cd dvd or iPod works fine but the xm may play for an hr or 20 mins and then turns off the whole system.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's newly acquired 2010 Tahoe LT has an interesting and quite annoying issue with the stock Bose stereo.

When using SiriusXM, it sometimes works just fine, but other times, it keeps switching over to AUX and it gets really annoying. Most of the time you can correct the issue by pressing the "band" button and it switches back to SXM, but sometimes it just keeps on going back and forth.

As far as I've been able to figure it out, it only does this between SXM and AUX. If the radio is on FM, it doesn't do it.

Judging by the way that it is acting, I'm assuming there is some kind of electrical short, broker solder etc. issue with the AUX, right?

Anybody opened their HU to fix similar issue?

Every once and a while my radio in my 13 will do the exact same, xm to aux. It happened after I plugged something into the aux port on front of the radio. It hasn’t happened in a while but the few times it did I pressed on the aux port and I noticed it completely went into ****-up mode, a little push on the port when it happens puts it back to normal. Next time it happens to you put your finger on the port and lightly move it around a little, im curious if its the same thing. I dont want to completely blow up my radio and try to duplicate it, not interested in blowing $500 on a hu right now..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusbrowsingaround