Stereo Head Unit Compatibility Question (Kenwood)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a double-din stereo given to me a few years ago that is mostly new, very lightly used. Its a Kenwood DMX7704s. I am about replace the dash in my 2007 Tahoe and would like to install this stereo as a part of this process to replace the aging factory unit. My questions are:

1) Is a standard off the shelf double-din a direct swap? Will it fit?

2) If so, what kit would I need to buy to install it properly and integrate it with the truck? I do have the stereo controls in the steering wheel. Its not critical those work as we hardly ever use them but I'd prefer to keep them functional if possible.

If there are other considerations I am unaware of, please let me know. I considered checking in with Crutchfield to see if they specify if this unit is compatible with the truck but doing some basic research here I see a lot of recent feedback that Crutchfield is giving bad advice based on what units will fit etc...

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, no reply? i have used crutch field and they have proven to be pretty reliable. when i bought my dbl din Sony from them i had them connect all the wiring so it was literally plug and play. no cutting!!

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, no reply? i have used crutch field and they have proven to be pretty reliable. when i bought my dbl din Sony from them i had them connect all the wiring so it was literally plug and play. no cutting!!
Crutchfield supplies all the required harnesses for an install. All you have to do is is splice them together. No cutting involved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC