Steering Stabilizer in a 2WD - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04hoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member here for Louisiana....

Anyone installed a steering stabilizer in their 2WD Tahoe or Yukon? I have an 04 Tahoe, stock suspension, running 22s and can't find a kit for 2WD. Any leads, suggestions?

OP
OP

04hoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's the kit I bought, It said in bold that it will only work with the RS64XX lift kit on a Tahoe 4WD. Didn't even try it. Got a KYB, gonna try it on tomorrow.....

OP
OP

04hoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And the KYB worked, followed the instructions, only 1 hole has to be drilled and it took 1/2 hr. to install. What a difference it makes with the 22s.....

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the kit so others who might be interested can look into it? Also, have any pics of the install?

OP
OP

04hoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C42SQ8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Couldn't take any pictures of mine but found this one, looks exactly the same. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/regalistic2003/DSCN23421.jpg

Found one mistake in the instructions, it says that the big bolt that holds the plastic skid plate is the one you use as one of the bolts for bracket A (Big bracket, left side of the pic) and that is kinda wrong: you use that bolt, but, in a different hole. Easy to spot in the instruction pic. Not a big deal, the front of the skid plate is held by 3 bolts, took one from there....

Hope it helps.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts